Going to the gym, especially if you're new to it, can feel overwhelming. With so many weights, machines, and equipment, it can be hard to know where to start. However, understanding and utilizing the best workout machines is the key to getting the most out of your gym trip. In this post, we'll take a closer look at the top machines in the gym that get you the results you're looking for.
Let's get started:
1. Treadmill: The classic, go-to machine for cardio, the treadmill is perfect for a high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout. Utilize the incline feature to increase the intensity of your workout, or mix it up with sprints, walking intervals, and jogging. It's also good for people who like to multitask, watching TV or reading while working out.
2. Rowing Machine: Often overlooked, the rowing machine provides a full-body workout in one motion. By pulling on the handles at the same time that you push on the pedals, you'll be working your legs, arms, back, and core. And since it's a low-impact exercise, it's perfect for anyone with joint pain.
3. Cable Tower: The cable machine is great for functional training, which simulates real-life movements such as pulling, pushing, and twisting. You can work every muscle group with a cable machine, including your abs and glutes.
4. Leg Press Machine: The leg press machine specifically targets muscle groups in your lower body including your hamstrings and quads. It helps strengthen and tone your legs providing greater stability and strength all around. If you want to tone your butt and legs, then the leg press machine is just for you.
5. Stair Climber Machine: A fantastic low impact cardio machine that helps burn calories and tone butt and leg muscles. This machine simulates climbing stairs, making it one of the best choices for anyone who wants a good cardio workout.
Finding the right machines can make or break a workout routine. By hitting the right machines, you'll get the best workout, while also avoiding injury. So next time you walk into your gym, hit these top machines to give your workout the added boost it needs. Remember to switch up your routine frequently, they'll help your body get the strength it needs while preventing boredom it can bore your muscles into stagnation.